Wednesday, December 9, 2009

You Don't Know What You're Missing

At the risk of sounding less than masculine, I want to say that tonight's episode of Glee was incredible. If you haven't seen an episode, please cross to your kitchen, take the deep fryer out from the cabinet, turn it on and stick your hand in it because the pain of burning flesh is nothing compared to what you are depriving yourself of. I'll give you run down:

- Jane Lynch might possibly be the most evil character on television, and if she doesn't receive an Emmy, Golden Globe, Grammy, Tony, Dundie...well, if she doesn't at least get nominated I may have to blow up whatever office that the people that decide on this stuff work in, just to make a point. And if you don't know who Jane Lynch is, kindly move to Canada.

- The singing is actually good. I wouldn't normally give props to lip syncing, but it's their voices. Their real voices. It just reminds me that I have no real talent at all.

- The plot lines are surprising adult like. Take this one as an example. A teen pregnancy turned into a love triangle, but before that could be rectified, the wife of the glee club advisor faked her pregnancy, and made a deal with the teenager to take her baby, but then the teenager opted out of giving up her baby, only for the advisor to find out that his wife wasn't pregnant, which caused home life to become less than comfy, which led to the advisor showing his true feelings for the guidance counselor, all after the group sang at sectionals, but not before the aforementioned love triangle was revealed. Real life to the umpteenth degree.

But of course this show revolves around high school, and I'm staring to think that my life is only complete if I'm knee deep in teen angst. If I had known then what I know now, I would have practiced singing, and definitely tried to get a little taller.

1 comment: