Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I'd Like to be Under the Sea

This wasn't supposed to happen. It was always supposed to be me and the past relationships that I forged in college. These were strong bonds that couldn't be broken, by anything or anyone. But now doubts are starting to sink in. I think, and I can't believe I'm thinking this, I'm a bigger fan of 90210 than I am of Beverly Hills 90210.

I will now accept all the stones that are sure to be thrown at me.

I kinda know why I'm feeling this way. The second season of this new installment has been so much better than the first. The characters are finally interacting with each other. There's way more drama now than there was back in the day. Well, more outside drama that doesn't include the top 8 characters. It's got a certain feel that's reminding me of The OC (which threw us a fantastic first season followed by a great second season, but then nothing but down hill, so if I'm only getting 2 seasons out of this show, I may start watching Gossip Girl cause I would miss all those high school antics).

The funny thing is that this isn't the first time that I've been faced with this kind confusion, although I was more firm in my stance back then. When Zack and Kelly graduated, and Mr. Belding and Screech brought in The New Class, I protested. When 90210 brought back Kelly, Brenda and Joe E. Tata(!!!) I accepted with open arms. The bottom line is Saved By The Bell is way too important to my life for me to taint it with something as ridiculous as a remake, yet 90210 makes me feel like I can go home again. And I love my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment