Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I Wanna Be Famous

It's been a few too many days that I've gone without writing something, and it's my own fault. I shouldn't keep my public in the dark like I do. I'm a horrible, talentless human being. But I'm back with a few thoughts that I really need to get out of me right now.

I'm so very happy that Jane Lynch was nominated for a Golden Globe. She kills me each and every week on Glee, and is only 1 of the 800 reasons that I watch that show. Last week when she told Schu that she was bringing the horror made me fall of the couch. Literally. I almost broke my arm. As much joy as I feel for Glee, it's equal to the anger coursing through my veins at the omission of Jim Parsons and Big Bang Theory. Every week he's solid. And coming from a geek in his own right, I think that Sheldon may taking over for Chewbacca as my hero.

People need to stop hating on Better Off Ted. Take it for what it's worth...a wacky ensemble cast working at the most outrageous company ever. Plus Portia de Rossi is almost as incredible as Jane Lynch, but just a step below in the evil category. Plus I think Veronica has a heart where Sue Sylvester has ice water running through her veins, just like Ivan Lendl (unfortunately I couldn't find the commercial from the late 80's that would have gone with this joke. I considered taking out the reference, but thought better of it. If my brother reads this, he'll get it and he'll laugh, and I'm good with that. It was classic).

My last little rant for the day is the lack of cartoons on Saturday mornings. I woke up Saturday to find nothing but political talk on CBS and NBC. Really!? What happened to The Smurfs and The Snorks? I can't get a Garfield rerun? I can't even get any old episodes of Hang Time (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWFNkxE_bf0), which is just a travesty. California Dreams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8ltiqJgf24)? Nope. I get nothing. Now I get to listen to some guy in a suit talk about the economy like he knows something about it, and can fix it. If so, get off your butt and fix it. Until then, bring me back the little blue men and classically bad teenage acting.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree, Sheldon is the best... and I too love Glee.

    ReplyDelete