Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Getting Nowhere

Well, look who's back. It was a very successful and long holiday, as I received a pair of socks in my stocking. Apparently my parents told me that they used to receive such a gift back in the day. My thoughts were that back then, my grandparents didn't have much money, and of course they gave my parents socks. It was the gift that kept on giving because there were no holes in the new pair. I understand.

So here we are in 2010. A new year with nothing but hope and promise. It's like a brand new slate that's blank and clear. I'm very excited. But nothing could make me more excited than what I saw on The Daily Show tonight. George Lucas, the greatest human this side of Bea Arthur, talked to Jon Stewart. The first thing Jon Stewart did was question him about how the Sith couldn't sense that Leia was out there in the universe. EXACTLY! We argued about that 5 years ago! I'm so happy that I'm not the only geek that felt this was an incredible injustice. Thank you Jon Stewart, you are my idol.

I also want to give a shout out to my buddy KLong for always putting a Star Wars reference in all of The Colbert Report graphics. Tonight's graphic included the explosion of Alderaan (Charming to the last) and I laughed and cried each time it aired. Good job my friend...you are always my REAL idol.

1 comment:

  1. so, what was george lucas' response?? did he answer, or did his neck fat answer?

    ReplyDelete