Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I Don't Really Want to Stop the Show

Saying I'm a talentless hack is probably the wrong phrase to describe me. I'm more like talent-defective. If I was to accurately describe myself, it would be that I am talented at not being great at anything, but being sub-par at everything I do. Now I think that's actually harder to accomplish than 1 or 2 great things. To be talented at everything, without being good at any of those things? Amazing! If you don't mind, let's take a look:

- My writing skills are adequate at best. Nothing too funny, nothing too memorable, and for the most part I write in full sentences with minimal grammatical errors, but you may hang on my every word cause you're hoping I say something funny or memorable.
- My athletic skills were always just good enough to not be picked last, but not good enough to win any MVPs, or even MIPs. Plus plateauing at age 7 was probably not the best way to go about winning any trophies.
- I take a butt load of pictures at events, but always seem to miss the absolute perfect picture. It's good that recognize that I missed that opportunity right after it happens.
- Even my knowledge of TV, movies and sports is on the level of "good enough to keep up, but not vast enough to surprise anyone." I blame my parents for that one.

For all the talent-deficiencies I have, it's a good thing I'm cute - which can be argued as well, but that's a whole other story.

No comments:

Post a Comment